20 February 2011

So long .NET

Its been a long time since I've written something here. A lot has changed since my last post. It was generally personal stuff that occupied my mind during that time. Business wise nothing new on the horizon.
I've started learning Java again. It is a long time dream of mine to be a Java developer and since I'm about making significant changes in my life I decided to follow my dream.
.NET is a great and cool platform. The IDE is fantastic and the speed the framework  is progressing is astounding with the barrage of cool stuff is overwhelming. Recently I've learned WPF, Silverlight, RIA Services and Entity Framework. All cool stuff. But what always bugged my Mikes software it is that you need a whole lot of cash to develop and deploy your solution.
I've always been an open source enthusiast. The ability to develop software with free tools always sided good with my 'have not' upbringing.
So I started relearning Java. And its is progressing really smooth for now since the syntax is so similar to .NET.
On the other note I will conduct a RIA Services for begginers presentation in Rijeka (Pomorski fakultet) on the March 3rd at 17.45.

No comments:

Post a Comment