01 September 2012

Kids and drug education

 

I’m currently listening to the Trainspotting sound track on Grooveshark.com and it got me thinking. Trainspotting was a great movie for my generation and for its time, but the book which I read after I watched the movie was event better, more deeper and more powerful. It showed the drug problem of the UK in a real vivid and documentary style which at moments shocked me.

It is a real good book to kick the drug idea from someone head. That idea kick started another idea. Which books should I give my son to read when he enters his teens which are related to the drug problem? One book which came to my mind was the book titled “Zoo Station: The story of Christiane F.” which I read when I was an upper grader in the elementary school which was really shocking and popular with the kids at that time. The story revolves around a young girl and her life as a teen drug addict and prostitute in Berlin. There is also a film by around the same topic Christiane F. – We Children from Bahnhof Zoo which I didn’t see.

I think the drugs problem is a real big problem parents need to face with their children and it really scares me to think that my son might come in contact with this side of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment